A graduate of Parker college of Chiropractic in Dallas, Texas, Dr. Blabey joined Back in Action (formerly Chiropractic Healing Center) in 1998. Dr. Blabey is Certified by the state of Virginia as a Doctor of Chiropractic and is an active member of the Virginia Chiropractic Association.
Dr. Blabey has a great interest in neurology and rehabilitation and is board eligible for his diplomate in chiropractic neurology. Dr. Blabey has developed a functional integrative model of care that incorporates chiropractic, neurology, kinesiology, exercise rehab and fitness, diet, nutrition, and patient education. This multi-disciplinary approach creates a naturally re-enforcing effect that greatly enhances treatment outcomes and allows treatment to be patient specific instead of disease centered. Dr. Blabey's passion is in finding the underlying health issues that may be causing the condition rather than simply controlling symptoms. Emphasis is on the body as an integrated system stressing the importance of the brain-body relationship and of the role rehabilitation has in stabilization throughout the treatment period.
Dr. Blabey values and continues to pursue post-graduate seminars regularly to update and enhance his skills and knowledge in areas such as nutrition, rehab, neurology, and functional medicine. As a result of his most recent post-graduate work, Dr. Blabey is now a provider of cranial low force technique (CLFT).
Personally, Dr. Blabey's biggest joy is found by spending quality time with his wife and children and enjoys time golfing and jogging. His wife, Patty, is a registered nurse and personal trainer and is seen at the office from time to time helping out when needed but spends most of her time home with their 3 young boys - Joshua, Jacob, and Jordan.
Post graduate work:
- Board Eligible Chiropractic Neurologist www.carrickinstitute.org
- Graduate of American Functional Neurologist Institute
- Certified Decompression Therapy Practitioner
- Quantum Reflex Analysis College 2013
- Certified Neuropathy Doctor
- Whiplash and Brain Injury Traumatology graduate 1999 www.srisd.com
- Interactive Metronome Certified Provider www.interactivemetronome.com
- SRA Laser Therapy Practitioner www.spinalreflexanalysis.com
- FCT Practitioner
- Advanced work in Thyroid dysfunction
- Trained in Neurofeedback www.clearmindcenter.com
- ATM-2 Core Stability Therapy
- Functional blood and endocrinology analysis
- Neurotransmitter and brain
- Pulsed Electromagnetic Frequency PEMF
- Certified Gluten Free Practitioner www.thedr.com
- Cranial Low Force Technique (CLFT)